John Tyler Elementary
Parental Involvement Policy
John Tyler Elementary recognizes that the education of each child is the responsibility of both the school and the student’s family. Our school will cultivate and support active parental involvement in student learning. John Tyler Elementary will:
· Convene an annual meeting to inform parents of our school’s participation in the Title 1 Program.
· Send home a Parent/School Compact form listing the responsibilities of the school and home.
· Provide a parent resource room where educational resources will be made available to parents.
· Provide relevant academic and social workshops for parents. Helpful core subject tips will be sent home to parents.
· Increase the number of parent volunteers present in our school.
· Increase the number of parents attending conferences.