Board Members| Goals | Meeting Dates | Meeting Agendas | Meeting Minutes | Policy Manual
Portsmouth School Board
School Board Goals
- The primary purpose of all disciplines is for students to apply knowledge, facts, concepts, and skills in new situations.
- All schools will promote an environment conducive to learning in which all members of the school community practice the system’s established policies.
- Individual schools will operate in feeder patterns that provide consistent, comprehensive opportunities and early intervention strategies for students to acquire the knowledge and demonstrate sound physical, mental, and emotional health.
- Curriculum development and implementation, including staff development, will be a dynamic process, which supports student learning. A primary focus will be on reading, math, written and oral communication, science, and social studies.
- Schools will welcome and encourage involvement of parents, community members, and businesses that directly support our educational goals. Working together, we will ensure that all students develop the skills and abilities to be contributing members of the community.